Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Drawing 06/21/05

It's been a while... again. To be truthful, I am spending the majority of my free time in WoW, doing really well with my character. The game is still tons of fun, and there's a lot more I want out of it. The people I've met online are great, mostly through the guild team interactions. Lately we've been going through Molten Core a lot, which is pretty much the hardest place in the game right now; it requires a 30-to-40 man team working together to beat some of the simpler enemies, and once you get to big bossman, hooboy, it's actually a very tough ordeal. But that's what makes it fun. We do about one eigth of the entire thing in 2 hours, and haven't gone further yet. It's a good thing the Core is saved for a week when you're killing bosses. Trying the whole damn dungeon in one night would be an insane commitment.

Not that I'm trying to downplay my current insanity, but it would be MORE insane.

*changes topic abruptly*
Here's the drawing. =)



Awww, isn't he cute? This is a little gnome mage I drew by request. Though he goes by the name of 'Dan', I like to call him Sparky McAnklebiter; it's catchier. Gnomes are cute and all, but every time you see them in Warcraft you feel the irresistible urge to run at it for a punt. Just so... puntable. It's a more detailed drawing, and I've actually been commissioned to send it to the player, since he liked it so much. I'm always nervous and skeptical when people tell me that they want my drawing, and I'm never convinced it's good enough. I should though, this one looks pretty great. You're all aware of my love of details, and this one's got it up the wazoo. Hmm, okay - no more speak of gnome wazoos, I promise.

The drawing could do with some more shading, but with the delicate patterns on it, I'm not sure how difficult that would be, and I'd rather not chance it. The hair is also somewhat lacking. Shape is there, which is fine, but looking closely at some of the bang clumps, it is quite scratchy and unfinished. Ah well, c'est la vie.

"I used to shout up from outside, wake you up while you were sleeping" - It's Been a While Since I Was Your Man, Matthew Good, White Light Rock and Roll Review

P.S. good lord, the source of the quotation was longer than the quotation itself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home