Friday, May 06, 2005

Drawing 05/06/05

I forgot to wish you all a happy international Luke Skywalker day. Let me do that now:
May the fourth be with you.

*gets slapped for horrible, horrible joke

But seriously... I don't know how George Lucas could have passed up an opportunity to release the movie on such a date. Only happens once a year, it would have been pretty appropriate. The date markets itself! If I was him I would have done that. Then again I wouldn't have ever concieved of a creature as asanine as Jar Jar Binks either, so I suppose George and my differences are many. A few million (billion?) dollars separate us as well...

The new movie has me really excited. Looks to have many epic battles with jedi and sith out in full force, lightsabers ablazing, ready to wrap everything up. We pretty much know how the movie is going to end, so it will be interesting to see what else goes on to wrap up the story. I like Star Wars, I don't care what anyone else thinks.

Now onto what you actually give a damn about: today's drawing!


Another World of Warcraft character, this one is a human female (duh) paladin. The drawing itself is technically sound, but there are a lot of small things that I don't much like about this picture.
a) Paladins are supposed to be holy knights... I don't believe I captured that essence. There's nothing UNholy about it or anything, it just doesn't speak to me.
b) There is not enough interesting detail on the armor
c) Her legs are unfinished, like so many of my drawings
d) Her expression and stance reminds me of the last drawing... scroll down to compare. Am I getting creatively stagnant?
e) The head of the mallet is crooked.
Other than that I guess I'll just stop bitching and accept that I like it. I like the shoulderpads, her forehead pendant, and gloves most of all... and if the mallet weren't crooked I'd like it as well.

"No! Do, or do not... there is no try" - Yoda, Star Wars:The Empire Strikes Back

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, your drawings have been really good so far. This one seems like the head is too big, well not the whole head, but above her face. It looks like her hair is pulled back, so if its tight around her head, then her head is too big.

Also having a bare stomach is a pretty dangerous idea when the rest of you is wearing plate and mail :-)

Thats it i guess. Other than those i see no problems. Keep it up

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home