Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Back in the 'Loo

Affectionately, though with little affection, the 'Loo is a term in reference to Waterloo. While it may have two excellent universities, have a wonderfully clean environment, and be a relatively cheap place to live, Waterloo is still a hole. A hole where I live, trying tirelessly to finish my post-secondary education. I refer to it as the 'Loo because it smells like manure for the good part of spring and summer, and is a crappy city. I love the university, don't get me wrong, but I will not be sticking around after it's all over with, trust me on that.

Having just moved in a couple of days ago, and trying to get to bed earlier in these last few days left me with little time to update the blog. Little meaning 'no'. It seems I'm 2 for 5 in my new year's resolution to draw something new every day. When it comes down to it, I'm a perfectionist at heart, and I really, really, don't want to post just any old crappy sketch, I want to do it right. However the hour or so simply isn't available whenever I need it to be. Curse you time, why must I obey you, and not the other way around?

Oh well, bitch, bitch, and bitch some more. I'll probably have more time after next tuesday, when my engineering work report is due. I have to take an objective standpoint and evaluate something I did at my work and turn it into 10 or so pages of bullshit on how I managed to overcome challenges to reach a goal. While I did enjoy my job and I found it to be stressful at times, I wouldn't call any of the goals I was given challenging. I worked on numerous interesting projects involving technical work, but thinking back on it, it just seems that nobody gave me anything that was remotely difficult to do. "Nick, I want you to test this, here are the instructions..." I heard that (or with some simple variations) more times than I care to count. Sure, I was doing actual work, but what can I write about? I didn't design any of the tests, I didn't have to solve major problems, and I certainly didnt' go above and beyond the scopes of tests I was doing. Must think ahead about the work report for my next job term. Le sigh.

I did manage to draw today. Hooray! I like this one quite a bit.


Sticking with the World of Warcraft theme (Human Warrior, Undead Rogue) this one is a Troll Hunter. I tried to add a lot of detail to him, to match with the first picture I posted. So I think this one picture makes up for a couple of days of no pictures at all, since it's of higher quality. Here's a link to the full sized picture. This was scaled way down to let it fit in the column, but it's worth showing in full, I think.

"Waterloo, couldn't escape if I wanted to." - My Waterloo, ABBA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home